Monday, September 24, 2007

writing letters




didja get that? Jackson has taken to writing letters. Here's one: Bile kan i rit yir bik...no, he hasn't learned turkish yet...that's English that SOME people might spell it like Billie, can I ride your bike? but it's pretty brilliant for him to figure this all out. His first letter to her said
Billie STOP BEIN MIN- you can figure that out if you know that sometimes I makes an 'ee' sound. He said he wrote her a letter "because that way she couldn't interrupt me".
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow ang, you're right on. Ramona's kindergarten teacher said first they have the kids just spell things how they sound to them for quite a while before they start teaching them to spell things correctly.

la said...

he writes better than half of my 3rd graders ALREADY!.....did i tell you that my school may be going on strike? YIKES!

thekellyfive said...

Wow... raising geniuses over there :) How is one supposed to keep up? You may think my kids are clean (that's just in photos, not in "real life") but they're not writing letters that are actually readable! Go Jackson! Can I be your penpal?

Pat said...

Well, you know, he always amazes me, but this just goes beyond amazement. He's a thinker, and that's just the rarest thing.