Tuesday, April 29, 2008

God and Cake



These are a few of my FAVE or it ttttthhhhhhhhiinnnnnnnnngs.
we got our stuff and i've noticed my favorite thing is my music. i'm serious. i think music makes our days happy. seriously- i think everyone should put their very favorite songs on their ipod. and not just the 'eh...yeah...it's alright' songs that you hear on the radio- you must bring back the un sit still-able beats of good vibrations ! (Drug free- so put the crack UP!)
Really, how can you NOT grab your baby and rock out in your living room (which most certainly does involve air guitar on the couch) when songs like this (or showtunes) come on. Billie knows almost all the words to Girlfriend in a Coma by the Smiths and she loves Salt n'Pepa.
Also, I really love God too. Seriously. Our church here is so small and cute and our priest is so wonderful and even Bill likes hearing what he has to say each Sunday and the kids like it (well, almost) and I love having us all together on Sunday morning and just being still and appreciating how blessed all of us are. We as a family, we who have friends like you and we in the larger sense- we who get to see these amazing sunsets and we who get to spend our days choosing what to eat and watching our kids smile.
My favorite things in Turkey- the stop light turns yellow before it turns green because all the cars are in such a total frenzy to be as close to their destination as possible (every inch counts) that we need a warning before green. We're all sitting there and then it's like yellow...get ready...GO! Really! I think that's so funny. I am crazy in love with Turkey.
There! I wrote a blog not about the kids...look at me all with thoughts on other subjects and then download some Tatu.
who said you can't have your cake
and listen to it too?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to read you're settling in!!

If you get to cross the Black Sea plan a trip to the Republic of Georgia...it's so beautiful there! :)

Looking forward to reading more!

Unclimber said...

Sure, a post not about the kids, but then you got to bring up God?
:-) And right after you mention Billie like Salt n Pepa. Still can't get you out of my mind when I hear OPP. But I never hear OPP anymore. That is sad.

I've got to watch my music choices, Suzanne listens and says "I wonder what this song is about." There's some hip hoppy one with the refrain "what would you do if your son was at home, crying all alone on the bedroom floor cuz he's hungry and the only way to feed him is to sleep with a man for a little bit of money and his daddy's gone. Somewhere smokin' rock now, in and out of lockdown, I ain't got a job now." Guess it doesn't help that I'm singing along, helping her catch any lyrics she missed. My response to her statement, a shrug and "dunno."

Glad you found a good church home. I miss you!