Saturday, May 31, 2008

Atta boy!


Jackson lost his first tooth this week- not that you can see it in this picture because it's on the bottom and he was just so excited he only had one expression. His mouth wide open with pure joy! Billie was the one who pulled it out.



Today Jackson ran a race. A fun run to earn some cash for the Refugee population here. As soon as the whistle blew and the herd of kids took off- Jackson fell scraping up his elbows and knees. He bawled and we went straight to the first aid booth. Before any pain relief could be administered he bolted off the examination table and headed back into the race. The tough guy would totally ignore me (shocking..I know!) when I said he could sit down and rest...or just walk to the stations. He ran his heart out to earn stamps stopping at each station. Rewarded him with one of the most deserved ice creams ever after that race.
And yes, he did play his full soccer game right after the race. Then made me carry him from room to room around the house the rest of the afternoon. "Take me to the playroom, Mom. I can't walk and I want to set up my army." And he can read chapter books all of a sudden.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pat said...

Jackson, I think you look incredible handsome all of a sudden, and I think it is because you lost that tooth. Is that possible? I also can't wait to see you run like the wind when I come visit in July. You have great heart and I love that about you. See you soon!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Way to go, Jackson!