Monday, November 24, 2008

earning the soccer mom badge




I have a problem with volunteering. Actually it's more of a problem with not being able to say 'No' (to people over age 8). So, I'm the cub scout master- which is kinda cool because, who masters the cubs? I DO.
But then I teach CCD, which is just not flashy. And then I bring mediocre food to pot lucks and bake sales.
Anyhow I realized the extent of my problem the other day when I found myself introducing myself as "You may have known me as Professor Wilma" (my starring role as the kooky scientist at our science lab of vacation bible study.) Sigh.
Anyhow- when I'm not being helpful I sometimes take pictures. Today we went Ice Skating with Nanna Carrie and I was not as useful as the wall for holding the wobbly kids up.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pat said...

Um, weren't you a Tiger Cub Mom? And now a Soccer/Cub Scout Master? You're just a dotted "i" away from being Sergeant Sarah Brown in Guys and Dolls, and you'd be fantastic for the part!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Angie, I couldn't help but laugh when I read this post...are you still attending every home business party in addition to all of your volunteer duties? Cub Master does sound like a cool job and I bet the cubs love you. Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving...maybe we can all be together next year for Thanksgiving. Miss you guys.