Monday, April 27, 2009

Road trippin

Sometimes we take a road trip. This is what it looks like when we do. Most of us wear pants, shorts, or some kind of clothing on our bottom half. Cort likes to camouflage himself into his carseat so we won't notice how many oreos and twizzlers he's going through. This was a 5 hour drive to Adana so I wanted to have an audio book. There was ONE audio book for kids at the library. It's a Neil Gaiman book, so I picked it up because I thought Bill would like it, then I read the back and put it right back down. Hello, freaky. But when I realize that it's the only kids audio book in the whole place...I get it and I'm the first person on the card to check it out.
So, Coraline was fun to listen to and slightly disturbing but did the trick because the bigs were silent for 95% of the trip. When you stop at the gas station in Turkey they bring you out a fancy little glass cup of chai (tea) with a darling, tiny spoon. Then they might offer to take a picture of your family who's all desperately running around because they've been stuck sitting still for 3 hours. Because everyone wants to have their picture taken when they're feeling like that.

Gross!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Love all of these recent travel posts but I especially love this one! Do they really bring you little cups of tea and take your picture?!! I am just excited when we discover a gas station here with a semi-clean bathroom.

Unknown said...

too funny -- what a great service! Why don't all gas stations do that?