Sunday, November 08, 2009

dear friends

Lately I've been thinking about the people in my life. Sometimes people come in to my life and then they go out of my life...probably because I'm not on Facebook (and because I'm terrible at keeping in touch) but these people are still a part of my life. Well, the important ones are. There's plenty of folks that I've forgotten, I'm sure. Then there's the people I could never forget: people who I look up to, who've given me advice...people I can talk about anything with; from nipples to nose-hairs. I feel very lucky for all of you.. the people in my life!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Well, what prompted this? I feel the same way, but you said it better. And, yes, I'm not tempted by facebook...oh well!

la said...

hrmmm...sounds like SOMEONE needs to get facebook ;)

melanie said...

no, I do facebook, but I tell you I think it's a crime against nature. There are seasons of your life and people for each of those seasons and many of those people need to STAY in that season of your life, but with facebook they just get to pop back up into any season they wish. It's just not right! way too much unnecessary reuniting I say. and plus we still talk all the time so you totally don't need facebook! when are you starting to pack up?

Kym Solley said...

This is so very true. I think of you all the time and miss you all terribly. I still love you all just as much and love reading about your adventures. Love as always. K.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

right back at you.

I like what Melanie said --it's true. I FB and I often love it because of the reuniting that can occur, but it's a dualistic beast and a lot of pain can occur, too. And, definitely a time waster.

I am hoping that I will get another cycle of you back in my life, if only for awhile. I miss the heck out of you but always thinking warmly of the times we've shared. I haven't even heard OPP since I've seen you.