Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the big 1-0

Billie is in double digits now. Which has been shocking me for months...how can that little ball of patient, thoughtful baby be turning 10? She has a retainer, she is creative, inventive, happy all the time...unless she's stomping off with a snotty remark. She returns 4 minutes later eager and giddy with a new idea that she just has to share...can't remember to stay angry or cranky because as soon as she's alone with her thoughts...she comes up with a plan, a project, a game, an idea and she's happy again.

2 comments:

Pat said...

It's so funny--you have just given a perfect description of my Mom as a kid--she was notorious for being sent to her room in a high dudgeon and minutes later was singing and whistling. Just can't keep a happy girl down. It's a wonderful quality and you and she are blessed. I've been thinking all day about that double-digit girl of ours. Incroyable!

Meg Solley said...

There's still something weird in your images. There are two broken links here that each go to a url like http://localhost:49801/bb3363f0fbadf872e887d638ce78d659/image/ed1270fc586f3e45.jpg?size=400. Notice the "localhost"--that's not going to work on anyone else's computer! There were three of these style links on your last post, too, before you put the two pictures that I can see (jack with ladybug and kids piled on a sculpture thing.)

In other news: congratulations to Billie! I remember getting a pocket knife for my 10th birthday, along with a speech on how I responsible enough for it now. The first thing I did, of course, was slice my finger open.