Thursday, April 20, 2006

Frog guts





How awesome is our school? Here are the kids checking out their Science teacher dissecting a frog. (This is really just Billie's K/1st grade class but they let the preschoolers come in to have a look if they were interested...Jackson was.)
I'm REALLY going to miss this school group when we leave.
That was yesterday, today we went on a tour of the firestation with our playgroup. Got to try on the helmets and sit in the truck (but I forgot the camera). Then it was a playground picnic for lunch, pick up the Pascoe boys and off to yet another playground. They had so much fun making up a game that was something like "King of the mountain" with a bunch of Japanese kids who only knew "What's your name?" in English.
When we finally dropped our friends back at their place and arrived back home at 3:30pm there was Bill on the couch! "I've been off since lunch!" Having spent the whole day here (not picking up one darn thing) and wondering if we were ever coming home. (My cell phone wasn't charged- I hate that thing!)
Ah well...
Other exciting events this week: Morning at the beach playground (find Billie and Jackson in picture. Hint: Billie is wearing bunny ears...I can barely get her to take them off for a bath and Jackson is pushing a stroller) when Noah plopped right off the stepping stones and went for a dip with the fishes! He had pond scum in every possible crevice...but I suspect that he just wanted to find a 'mommy- approved' reason to get nudey booty. And Sloane got the COOLEST monogrammed diaper bag (it's a good thing I get to wear it or I'd have to steal it from her) from our good friend Jill. How happy are we?! Also, we're working out as a family in the 'active parent room' at the gym. The kids play in a padded area with toys while Sloane lays around and watches them and tries not to get stepped on and Bill and I do eliptical trainers and stuff...17 lbs. to go. And I've become obsessed with reading blogs, of other people and hippie families and mostly people that drive around in RVs and unschool their kids for a LIVING. So exciting to consider reading about the Boston tea party and then touring around Boston! Talk about a learning experience. Karate continues to be fun. I guess that's it for now.

Tomorrow we're off to spend the weekend at Oura Wan. Should be fun!

No comments: