Thursday, April 27, 2006

Oura Wan - take me away!

We had the NICEST weekend walking on the beach with a playground so close it was practically in the front yard of our cabin at Oura Wan. The reason I haven't written about it yet (and why there are no pictures posted here) is because our computer is broken. We're operating off the lap-top while Bill works on the mother-board and does other stuff that I don't understand to the pieces of our old computer laying all over the kitchen and dining room tables. So...sorry for being out of touch. Back to the best weekend ever: I went to a discussion group thing on simple living aka voluntary simplicity. this is a sort of movement thing and that's the internet research that lead me to the families who travel around the country in RVs and actually go and DO the crazy things they wish they could do when they wake up in the morning and think "What do I want to do today?" The discussion was interesting and really has me thinking more about what I buy vs. what I need and I'm going to start being more intentional when I make my purchases. Here's what I'm asking myself: How much/often will I use this? Is it green (not in the mono-chromatic color scheme kind of way but is it earth-friendly)? Where will my money go if I buy this? and it must meet one of these two requirements: beautiful or useful. If it's cute...that's not good enough...I just want BEAUTIFUL. Now, you may be asking yourself..."why is angi solley such a total FREAK?" 3 reasons. I hate cleaning. I don't like stuff. I don't like having to clean stuff.
Also, I've been to almost no malls in 6 years and I'm trying to ready myself before I get home and OD on things that are on sale for $6.99 at wal-mart.
THEN we went to Oura Wan and had just a few clothes with us, 4 toys, and how easy is life all of a sudden? All day is sit around and read time, talk with friends time, dig in the sand time. Doing dishes takes 2 minutes because there are only 5 dishes. LOVELY. I'm motivated...before we move I'm going to keep culling our collections so that we've got what matters...and are free from the other stuff.
As for the kids, Sloane is super cute and each day you KNOW she's at max cuteness and then the next day...a ponytail and even cuter. that's right...cuter! Billie and Jackson may have finally figured out that being kind to eachother is easier than fighting. Bill hardly goes to work at all because he's on his way out. Life is good.

No comments: