Saturday, September 16, 2006

projects




We've been busy here- when we're not painting we're doing homeschool stuff and when we're not doing that - we're reading Captain Underpants books which the kids INSISTED we get from the library (which is awesome and we go 3 times a week) because Jackson saw an ad for that in one of his comic books. So...we're reading that and A Little Princess is collecting dust on Billie's nightstand. But when we're NOT reading Captain Underpants which is actually SO funny and all about oppressive teachers vying to crush any imaginative spirit in their classroom and general silliness. So...when we're not doing those things- we're putting on face paint and dressing up or the kids found this old building set and created these amazing inventions and you should just hear the list of the things these things are capable of. Jackson's system is a weather controller. Here is Sloane looking dubious about her sister's new face design- "a unicorn on each cheek and fancy swirls with glitter and really swirly all around the rest of my face."
This is how life used to be...but without friends- I miss you Tiff, Lucia, Nina, Jill, Emily, Megan, and the rest of you...
It's not the same hanging out with my friends that are cool (too cool to read blogs so that's why i can write about them here) who have pictures of boys bare bottoms on their cell phones and balk at the idea of riding in my mini-van. I remember being 19- sort of.

2 comments:

Clan Mac Mama said...

I love seeing the kids all dressed in their "finery." It makes me sad that my love bug is missing all the cool play dates with her best pals. BUT, we are counting the days til Christmas! I'm thinking of more cool stuff to do every day. And a whole summer at my parents with nothing to do but hang out & do nerdling outings? Heaven, total heaven!
BTW, tiffers is my childhood nickname. Makes me feel less than old!
luv to the munchkins!
tiffers

Clan Mac Mama said...

oh, and I totally love the "creations" billie & jack made. Evie was so cute the other day when she raided the craft drawer & brought me a special surprise of pipe cleaners & heart punched paper with marker designs. See.. this is why we totally despise coloring books.
I MISS YOU!
luv,
tiff