Wednesday, October 18, 2006


So, it occurs to me that i write a lot about me here and i haven't written much on the kids lately and so i'm going to squelch my urge to write all about my new passion- which is knitting. no, i'm not kidding it's addictive and you should SEE the most adorable booties i'm making for Sloane...but on with the kids...
Billie and i were dancing the other day- something we often do in the living room when it's raining...and she requested her favorite song which used to embarrass me because it was "They Both Reached For the Gun" from Chicago (we love show tunes) and you know, good ol' Chicago with hot numbers like "Roxie Hart" and "Razzle Dazzle 'em" but she says she likes "the one that goes 'If you'd have been there...if you'd have seen it...I betcha you would have done the same" Which I set the stereo to promptly, lest we loose our groove. But as I'm listening to all the women account for what has brought them to jail...describe their sides of the story in great detail "And he ran into my knife..he ran into my knife 17 times" or "so, I fired off two warning shots...right into his HEAD!" I'm thinking hmmm?! this isn't such a cute song afterall!!! And I suppose it could have been worse if she'd requested the song as the one where the "husband comes home screamin' 'You been screwing the milk man?!!" or "Single...my ASS!" because those are some of the other phrases set in this catchy tune.
Yikes!
Thankfully after bellowing out the chorus "I betcha you would have done the same!" she came over to me and whispered "but i wouldn't have done the same, mamma."
oh, that's a relief.
recent stuff we've been doing is playing checkers which Billie is awesome at and Jackson is pretty good at too! We're learning chess. Jackson must spend a cumulative 3+ hours a day pouring over his comic books from the library. we read so much it's insane. and Sloane has become a total swiper pulling the kids over by tooth and nail to get a hold of their ice cream (or caramel apple in this case, thanks Mom!- a care package i've gotten every fall since I left home for college)

I'll blog about Jackson next time.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Clan Mac Mama said...

Ayiie! I love to see those kids. And let me tell you, if I was there, them there apples would have been MINE ALL MINE!! The lack of acceptable addictive food here is just ridiculous.
OOh, I miss the punkins. They look so grown up in just a few months. I can't wait to swoop them up & love em to death. Evie was just talking about them again today. She is counting the days til we get on the plane. She also wishes to know where we are going first, when we leave there & where we're headed to & who we get to see. I have to clarify that going to Maryland means we get to see Billie & Jack in Virginia. Surprisingly (or not so,) she is totally on top of the itinerary & states. I love it! Thanks for the words of wisdom on school. I'm working on it.
Miss ya! Let's talk soon!
Love,
tiffers