Tuesday, November 14, 2006

7 years!


Last night was our anniversary and we celebrated thanks to Nanna, at the MOST exquisite restaurant of our lives. With the most extravagent meal ever and absolutely one of the all-time-great life experiences...giving birth? Oh puh-leez...everyone has done THAT. It was seriously amazing and outrageous. When Bill made the reservation he mentioned it was for our anniversary and after our like, 8th course they came out with 4 more courses of dessert not the least of which was a mini-mountain of peach colored cotton candy spun to wispy perfection. Bill and I couldn't wipe the smile from our faces the whole night. WOW!
In March Bill and I will have known eachother for 15 years, which is half our life. So, next year we will have been together longer. We talked about what we would change in our marriage; Me: "If you would just put your dirty clothes in the laundry bin.." Him: "I wish you would quit gasping when I'm driving, like you're in fear." So, i guess things aren't perfect but certainly pretty close.
How can it have been seven years? I remember our wedding and our first kiss and i still melt when he puts his arms around me or opens my door. When I wake up in the morning on a sunshiney day with a baby smooshing my cheek as she crawls over my head toward a toy that i didn't bother to remove from the covers last night when i went to bed...i just am happy. i am happy i married bill and happy we have these kiddos and happy we're in this house that i LOVE and happy that i don't have to rush out of bed and this is getting a little bit sick so i won't go on.
it's our anniversary and because i got this out now i won't have to spread it around to a wider audience (more than 6 people) in the Christmas letter. We're deliriously happy!! there, i'm glad i got that little guilty secret off my chest. I feel i should note here, so that it's not all too rosey rosey that it has not always been this way, that first year SUCKED so bad and there's been weeks of seething dislike for eachother with hardly any communication at all. Sloane just bit Billie, I have to go. Happy Anniversary to us!

2 comments:

thekellyfive said...

Congrats, Angi!!! Brandon and I will celebrate our 5th in a couple weeks. Thanks for the comment, we're doing really well and it seems like you are too. Although I REALLY miss Okinawa. I see you're back in VA. We're only like 2 hours away. We should try to get together!
Love, Debbi

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Mazel Tov to you lovebirds! Sounds like a great celebration and so good to hear how happy you are. You are a great couple and I know you will have many more happy years together. Can't wait to see you soon.
Love from all of us!