Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cortopolis



I don't have to remind myself that Cort is just a little boy. He's VERY little boy. He's cuddly and sweet and awful and he eats ALL the time. Cort has a teeny tiny vocabulary because he's perfected the art of pointing and grunting. He's got 5 of us running to do his bidding with that little point and grunt technique. When he's in his little toddler gymnastics class all the little girls his age are so verbal. The girls are all practically "Oh my, isn't this a charming dance around the parachute" and when I ask Cort do you want to dance? He just points and says "Ba!" He has plenty of signs and a few words but he's really made his needs quite clear and we all know the subtle differences between 'Baa'(that!), 'Da' (I want it), 'Na na na' (no no no), Nana (banana), 'Mama' (mommy or daddy), 'Baba' (Billie), and 'BA'(ball). He also has a word for drink but it's the noise we used to play Indians before we knew to call them Native Americans, using your hand to block off part of the sound coming from your mouth during a loud "Ahhhh" so that the sound keeps bobbing up and down. It's very annoying and we get him a drink right away to stop the noise.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pat said...

I just sketched out my first book for Cort this weekend and this is TOTALLY IN LINE WITH IT. I don't know whether we are both geniuses or both dopey, but I am excited. Cort rules!

la said...

you guys are awesome...i love you! and it was GREAT talking to you on sunday! im still laughing about how jackson was all like "what are nipples?" hahahahahahhahahahahah. MISS YOU!!!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Love these little snippets of your kids! So glad to see you are off to a good start with 2009!