Sunday, January 11, 2009

then there's Jack

Jackson is a complicated kid. He's so sensitive and I keep waiting for him to outgrow it. He wakes up every morning before the rest of the house and silently climbs into the giant beanbag- sometimes dressing first. When I wake up in the morning I know I'll find him curled up with a book. Or, with crazy bed hair- working on deciphering or writing out a code. He's strong and smart and amazing and also totally immature. It's often hard for me to remember that he's just a six year old boy. He's a little boy- he dresses up in costumes and plays with stuffed animals. But he churns through academics like they're cake and beats out is his big sis in a lot of areas (and she's no dummy!). When ever we leave the house he has one of his 'guys' with him and usually the guy is wearing a sweater hand knitted by Jackson. If something doesn't go the way he wants it he gets mad and it's like you can almost see a tornado whirring up inside him. Jackson is the reason I'm constantly pouring over parenting books.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pat said...

If I were in a dangerous, scarey situation that needed a cool, smart head, Jack would be my first pick. Maybe also just if I were going on a trip and needed good company. He's a thinker, full of imagination. What a combination.

la said...

what a great lil guy you guys have!