Saturday, March 31, 2007

Nannou fun

We had a great time with Nannou here. Billie turned up the brattiness for a few days and that was met by no less than 3 gifts per day. Billie: "Jackson! Stop it...you're the rudest boy ever and never touch my new strawberry shortcake doll without asking me!!" Jackson: "Thanks for the power ranger Nannou...can we go get ice cream?" Nannou: "yes!" Billie: "Fine. But I'm having Strawberry and I'm not even going to share any of it with you Jackson...NOT EVEN A BITE!" Nannou: "okay, let's go and then I've got another suprise for you after we have ice cream...I got you each new videos, we can watch them this afternoon while Mom is at her ultrasound." Billie: "Well, we're watching MY choice first!"
Okay...this isn't an exact recorded conversation...but this would not be an exaggeration of the spoiling or of Billie's 'tude.
So, apart from Billie we all had a WONDERFUL time with Nannou visiting. As for my ultrasound...we are not finding out if sprout is a boy or a girl. More motivation to push in the delivery room. But...while we're on the subject...I would put my money on boy...I've got a feeling and I'm putting it in writing. It is important to note here that I thought Sloane was a boy too, but I didn't feel this strongly about it. The ultrasound tech, who said he "could have done my Mom's ultrasound when I was in her tummy" (when I blurted out my age in defense of being 'too young' to have my 4th kid). Really, things are getting silly now...I thought I had a lot of comments when I would go out with the 3 of them. Seriously, the comments are getting a little outrageous...the other day at the library, a man asked me "Are you mormon?"


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Gore Gang said...

I don't think it's so much a big deal that you're having your fourth child. I think what makes people comment so much is that they're all so young and none of them go to school so you're constantly accompanied by your own personal soccer team.
Most people are probably just jealous though by how well you handle them all and that you still only weigh like 1l0 lbs. I know I am!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Wow Mormons must be the modern day Catholics...now if only you had a few extras wives in your house wouldn't that be a big help?! Glad you are doing well and looking forward to finding out this summer what the sixth Solley sprout will be. Also nice that you had a visit from your Mom. The grandmas must be excited about another Solley on the way.

thekellyfive said...

Whenever people used to ask my grandfather (who is Episcopal) if he was Catholic (both of my parents are one of 8 kids), he used to say, "No, we're just Passionate Protestants." :)