Thursday, August 30, 2007

3 outta 4


I am SOO tempted to use this on our baby announcement...it may stand out among the other beautiful faces on your fridge door and make you snicker. But it's just too cruel- I'd have to include that in his baby photo album and then he'd grow up to be like angry like eminem and that wouldn't be worth all the giggles i'd get...would it? Eminem is pretty successful...
No, really I do want Cort to be happy, so I'll just post it here and use it as a launching pad to say that Cort is expressing Sloane's sentiment.
The honeymoon is over and she's MAD. I must say, it's still nothing near the havoc I thought this would cause for her, but she isn't totally pleased with Cort all the time anymore. She tells me "Cort is ALL DONE nursey!" And she isn't as interested in holding him as often.
It's clear now that she has been promoted to 'big kid' now that Cort is in the 'baby' position, which makes Jackson a double big brother and Billie is still ruler of the world. Sloane plays with the big kids now, on the big kid facilities and has even made it clear that she's ready to be potty trained. Which is, of course, a major inconvenience to me because a diaper can wait 3 minutes while we finish checking out of line at the library with our 47 books and "Mom, I have to use the bathroom" is a drop everything and RUN type thing for the first couple weeks. Ugh, like I want to do THAT with 4 kids. Not that we're EVER going to the library again...because today Sloane had a total fit ( laying on the floor and kicking complete with baby taradactyl screeches.)
um, yeah...so, that was NOT FUN and I had to be like "get out...locate the nearest exit...get out without checking out NOW...you can not check out that star wars book and no, not even the paper airplane one...do NOT collect $200...do not pay library fine...just drag screaming child out away from all these nice,quiet, library go-ers RIGHT NOW (while continuing to nurse Cort in the sling)). Sooooo....
That was my morning.
And I know I should have had this experience much earlier...I have been lucky enough to never have a full on uncontrolable tantrum in public before. Billie and Jackson were not much of the tantrum type. Whining and crying while in 'time out'; yes...screeching in a store; never happened. Until now. I have a sinking feeling that Sloane might make up for all that.
As for Cort, this picture is about the worst thing he's ever done. I DID hear him cry once in the van when he woke up hungry 10 minutes before we got home...but that's about it. Billie: the other day when we were doing 'lesson time' she said "Let's do the word problems Mom! Word problems are my favorite!!" (and she meant it). Jackson: super sweet and helpful, even when he's bad he's good because he goes right to time out (stomping up the stairs). 3 out of four ain't bad. that about sums it up 3 out of the 4 aren't bad.
Maybe one day i'll write about something other than Sloane...maybe when she's 30.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Sorry the honeymoon is over! At least you had one, right? And I love this shot of Cort even if you don't send it out as an announcement I am going to hang it on our fridge! Sorry to laugh at your expense but this post gave me a good laugh. And are you nuts to try potty training right now or what? Camille has been getting ready to do the potty thing but I haven't been pushing it. Now I feel like a slacker mom because I don't even have a newborn and I am putting it off. Although finally getting away from diapers would be so wonderful. Maybe I can convince Noah to become Camille's potty training coach? Potty training just seemed so much easier in base housing. I am dreading it here with our awful white carpets. Sorry to ramble. I'll call you.

The Solley Six said...

oh, i didn't make that clear and you ASSUMED that i was encouraging her? oh no! she has pooped and peed in the toilet all without my CONSENT. i do give her a 'high five' when she does so i'm not totally DIScouraging but I constantly run behind her and re-put-on her diaper after she pulls it off. I have no time for this right now!

thekellyfive said...

I was cracking up so hard I think I peed myself... maybe I'm the one who need the diaper. LOVE the pic. We have one of Annalise about the same age, doing the same thing. I think Sloane and Annalise may be cut from the same cloth.

la said...

hahahahahaha....love the library scene. too funny! i can just picture the whole moment! cort is a major cutie (even though i cant see his face here)....and i LOVE that pic! hope to see you Christmas!

Unclimber said...

eminem might be successful, but he's got a really messed up relationship with women and I think he says some not-so-nice things about his mom.

Pat said...

How could I be checking this everyday and end up 6th in the comment hierarchy? Hang in there, kiddo--you are the best. Love how Cort is picking up on signing at such an early age--clearly he is going to be a genius. Kisses to all--and can you believe that any minute now there cousin is a'borning?

Pat said...

And, gulp, should I tell you now that I sent you that library book about the Seine to return for me? Yipes!

Clan Mac Mama said...

OH, you should have known that any Godchild of mine was going to give you a RUN FOR YOUR MONEY. That-a-girl. LOL. Sorry. I feel ya, since I think Charley may be headed down a similar road. You should see/hear her response to having a cherished object/activity removed from her houdini hands. EAR SPLITTING. Must have been something in that oki water. I don't think I'll even get a honeymoon on the next one. BTW, I loved your message and WILL call tomorrow. I am still buried under mounds of mccawley crap. I miss you too, tons and tons and tons and tons. my love to all.
tiffers