Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sloane reigns supreme




Just to remind me that I have NO idea what my kids are thinking and NO ability to figure out what they'll do next...just in case I needed to remember that life is full of suprises Sloane has decided to embrace big-sister-ness. Of course, it's not big sisterhood to her as much as it is possessivehood, Cort is HERS and she does let me know when he needs something. It's much more exciting than the plastic baby version because Cort actually 'coos' and has moveable limbs so she can let me know when he needs 'nurse-y time' and she loves to do the 'wipes' part of the diaper change...not actually being of any help but if it keeps her happy...well, I'll go along with it.
And that about sums up our theme for the last two weeks: "wow! Sloane is happy...let's just let her do WHATEVER she wants and keep it this way." Each day we keep waiting for it all to fall apart but at 8:48pm tonight it will be two weeks and mostly happiness.
Billie and Jackson go back and forth between extreme highs and pathetic lows. The grandparent factor brings on a lot of the highs (think chuck-e-cheese and ratatouille) and fighting with each other (Jackson turns five and is no longer willing to follow blindly along
with Billie's rules and rationale...did that friends thing only work for 4 years?! yikes!)
accounts for the lows and SO MANY lost priveleges. It's very possible Jackson will go the rest of the summer without another popsicle.
In any case, Cort is adorable and very easyily going along with all our adventures.
He's been content to sling around the grocery store, park day, Glen Echo, the craft store,
the library and he sleeps well on his lambskin spot on the couch (DO NOT JUMP ON THE COUCH WHEN CORT IS THERE!!) while obnoxiously loud ring-around-the-rosey and castle games exist around him. He doesn't seem to mind the constant snuggling requests "can I hold Cort now?" and he's really just a good little guy.
So good that I'm hesitant to write this because once I'm convinced of something...it usually changes. Or maybe the theory was right and chaos reached it's peak at 3 children...4 is on the plateau? I guess we'll find out soon.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Solley Six said...

And Laura!!! Latoya!!! Where are you out there??? Let's hang out! Celia, Dao & Joanne are coming over soon...we could set up tents in the backyard and have a labor day dork reunion!

thekellyfive said...

So I had full intentions of getting Cort's gift in the mail but my sewing machine needed new bobbins and WalMart doesn't sell bobbins for my mom's circa 1969 college sewing machine. Go figure! (I should get a new one, but it has sentimental value and I can't part with it.) I had to order them online and they got here just in time for my wisdom teeth extraction. I promise to get it to him before he starts walking :) Hope to see you at Tiff's parents' this weekend!