Monday, January 14, 2008

Guilt blog post


Cort with his first (in both senses) cousin, Rosalind- isn't she a sweetie? Cort's like "How come I hafta wear clothes?!"

Here is a random sampling of pictures in place of all the things i MEANT to blog about but didn't get around to...excuses for the lameness of the Christmas letter: I'm bad at keeping in touch and there are several cherished friends who probably don't feel very cherished and we are ONLY in Christmas letter contact so I feel I really MUST not let that tenuous line of contact close...so, the Christmas letter HAS to get done. But...I can't wait for inspiration and can't fit all the lovely things we do every year onto one page...so, I just sit down and write about nothing. Sorry.
Also planned to write about Christmas but didn't get to it: It was fun. Lots of people were here. I began to lose my mind at age 31.
THEN i was going to write about Sloane getting lost. The moment my heart ACTUALLY stopped beating as I ran up and down the street in front of our house screaming and crying like one of those crazy people you see in the movies calling "Sloane!" because I had looked away for 3 minutes as we were all playing (with friends over) in the backyard and she found a little gap between the fence. I couldn't think in my state of panic and was only considering the two exits for people who are over 3 ft tall, which are on the SIDES of the house. ACK! A neighbor spotted her in his yard and returned her home directly but talk about the most frightening 12 minutes of my life. woah. just a little something to keep me in perspective about how un-important moving all my crap is. After that day my brain was TOTALLY BLOWN at age 31 and has yet to be found.
AND i was going to write about all my crap: how I was just feeling good about getting down to only having the things we love/need around us. But now I realize that I am still suffering from affluenza and have more crap than ever. What the heck was i thinking buying MORE books?! uh...i'm insane.
So, there's some mini-blogs and here's some pictures.
This is a guilt post because i sent out a mass email with our new address and plan to be out of touch with everyone for ages and i felt bad to include a link to an old/boring posting now you have a new/boring posting to read!

the joy of friends
a high school reunion of the only people that count- my homegirls for the last 17 years.
the chicken dance is a popular activity at our house
chemistry set for christmas and lollipops f
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

melanie said...

wow, I can't even believe the world of chaos that must be your life right now. good luck!! I want to call but I dare not disturb you amid all the prep. 17 years, that's so crazy. It honestly hadn't occurred to me that it's been that long.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Breathe.Breathe.Breathe.The craziness will all be over soon. We are saving our money for Turkey and can't wait to visit you guys! Love the pictures and please, please keep the blog going so we can see what life in Turkey is like.Love to all of you and when you start to panic just fast forward to living in a hotel and having your bed made each day :)

Clan Mac Mama said...

Ok. It will totally be worth it when you are sitting in some turkish cafe drinking exotic tea and absorbing the amazing culture AND when all of your friends come to visit! No worries now, relax and enjoy the "simple life" once all of your junk is gone. AND, the resemblance between Rosalind and your kiddos is SCARY. What is it with Solley kids, they are clones. Are you a secret science project family? Seriously, she looks just like Billie and Sloane!
MISS YOU!
Luv,
Tiff

Pat said...

Are you really going to get on that plane? Incredible...and bon voyage!!!

Unknown said...

i am so sad i missed the high school reunion @ christmas!!! you ladies all look WONDERFUL!! happy new year! Latoya

The Solley Six said...

wish you had been there latoya!
Well, a few people have mentioned to me the 'only people that counts' thing because that leaves out some other pretty important friends. i meant the only people that would count from an actual High School reunion. Like, there are some people i don't care to re-connect with from high school. These are the people that count from High School- don't have an empty space that would be completed by seeing Steve Jeriege or anything like that. I can't remember any one else's name even.