Saturday, January 05, 2008

shopping

25 minutes, 25 dollars, and 49 books- that's what I call shopping. Mostly I'm not so into shopping. I like shopping online. I know what I want, look for that specifically and buy it; no SALE distractions, no impulse purchases....it works.
I did manage to avoid the mall this whole holiday season (only 2 trips this whole year) haven't been to Target in months but I do still shop. Once a month there's a library sale- books are 10 and 25 cents. Here's what it looks like when I come home. I have to stock up because it seems unlikely that there is a library as great as ours anywhere else in the world (especially in a place where English is not the primary language!).

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

la said...

too cute...and im suprised cort doesnt know how to read yet with the way you guys are!!! im going to your mom's on sunday for the schmillen "christmas" (but more like schmillen luther king day). gotta go...making a pie! miss ya, and when do you move?

thekellyfive said...

So fun! We got some fun new books for Christmas and Addison doesn't bring them to me to read... she brings them to Annalise! I loved your Christmas photo. It almost made me want to go for the fourth... almost. I think the third may do me in. And I'm SOOO EXCITED because I see the taggie blanket I made Cort on the floor by Billie!!! YEA!!! So glad it's getting used! Happy New Year!

Pat said...

You;re going to be like me: the heaviest part of my shipment by far was the cartons of books! So crazy to think that in a month you'll be in a new home. Hang in there, toots!

Clan Mac Mama said...

Do you think they'll like you book shop from the library online? Otherwise Barnes and Noble might need to get you a frequent shopper card. I can't believe you leave in a month!! GET A VONAGE NUMBER.
I miss you.
tiffers