Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Merhaba

So, the thing with jet lag is like, if you're one person maybe you can just walk around to stay awake. But if you're six people...well, you might have to sit down to read a story and then once you're on the couch..well, it's all over. And if you actually do fall asleep at some point during the night when you should be sleeping it is almost certain that then will be the moment that someone comes into your room to gently ask "Mom, can I have some pasta?" or..."Why was that night so short?" or...your two year old will have to use the bathroom. (Ahhh...zippered jammies and tall toilets...why do you make life so hard on me?!!!! (Yes, I am still mourning the graduation from diapers)).
Anyhow we're here and we love it!
We flew first class which was fun. I'm not cool enough to pretend I'm not impressed by luxury. Especially because of the looks on everyone else's faces. When you're in the waiting area...and everyone is having a starbucks three pages into their bestseller with their boarding passes and sitting quietly. Then there's this family with kids. Four of them! And they have noisy toys and they're blowing bubbles and Oh-my-lord is that woman breastfeeding an infant while blowing bubbles and balancing a granola bar on her knee? yeah. That's us. And you can see what everyone is thinking. I really hope I'm not sitting next to them. And I'm sure there are those amoung them thinking "That's why I sit in first class". But guess what. That's right. Six seats in first class- baby!
Not likely to be hearing much from me about Turkey (or any other subject of interest) for a while because first class ROCKS MY WORLD. There's even leg room! I slept!! We ALL slept! The food was good! It's another world!
In other news, Turkey is fun, we are happy, people here are very nice, Bill likes his job, we should move into our new house in a few weeks, they have coke and nutella and everything here so we should be fine for the next two years.
And we have internet now so I might write about something else after I blog about first class 3 more times. Must go study my Turkish now; no one speaks English and I need to figure out how to tell people about our flight...in first class!
Start making plans to come visit us now. We have six bedrooms, which is frightening to me- but i'll save that for another blog.

6 comments:

Marjorie said...

it's so great to 'hear' from you. I'm glad that you had a good trip - in FIRST CLASS!!! -- I wanna be in first class!

Hope you get caught on your sleep soon! We miss you, but this blog thing is pretty nifty -- I may even be able to get "Angi hits" more often than I did living a couple of miles away.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

FIRST CLASS! SIX BEDROOMS! Is this the Solley blog? or have you all been abducted and now live in Turkey? Glad to hear you are there safely (and in the lap of luxury). Our "Turkey jar" is growing every day and we can't wait to make the trip. Post photos soon.

la said...

props to bill for getting you guys first class! sounds like you guys are in for another great adventure!!! yeah, post pics.

thekellyfive said...

A friend of mine lived in Turkey and had an unbelievable huge house (and a maid... major kudos to Bill if he works that one out on top of the first class seats!) and she bought like 100 rugs to cover all the marble floors. Now she lives in Woodbridge and has a room in the basement of her 3-story colonial filled with rugs that she can't bear to part with but has no room for! Glad you're safely there!

Clan Mac Mama said...

I am SO glad to hear you are there AND you love it AND you flew first class AND you have enough room for us to move in with you! Can I call you on vonage yet so you can say hello in turkish?
I LOVED first class when we flew it and now am irritated every time I have to fly "coach." What is coach anyway? It's not like Cinderella's coach where you have a footman and little mice to wait on you. You have 3 inches of legroom, flight attendants that think you are a pain and ONE bathroom for like 150 people.
Maybe we'll get lucky and win the lottery so we can fly first class to TURKEY!
Miss ya!!
Love to all,
Tiff

Anonymous said...

Did you say First Class? LOL! Glad all is well - looking forward to hearing more.

What was that - first class? LOL! Tammi